|Location||Durban, Durban, South Africa|
Our client, within the finance industry seeks to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified Investment Officer to join their team based in Durban.
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing and screening investment opportunities, executing and closing transactions and actively managing portfolio investments.
- Solicit appropriate investment opportunities and conduct initial screening of projects in terms of the Fund’s investment policies.
- Undertake and present full appraisals of debt and equity transactions to the Fund’s various decision-making Committees.
- Ensure deal closure by taking responsibility for optimal financial, institutional, and legal structuring.
- Coordinate with the legal team for the conclusion of transaction agreements.
- Provide innovative and flexible financial structures for complex transactions.
- Identify opportunities to initiate viable projects, project origination through the facilitation of project preparation, scoping, feasibility studies, and business plans with the intention of closing investment deals.
- Perform valuations of investee companies.
- Identifying the exit opportunity and timing and assisting in the exit from equity portfolio investments.
- Support the Chief Investment Officer and Chief Executive Officer in drafting and presentation of reports, evaluations, plans, etc. related to the business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a broad spectrum of project finance funders and private equity institutions, which should include local and international institutions, commercial banks, development finance institutions, ECAs and multi-lateral agencies.
- Undertake continuous research and provide recommendations on significant developments, emerging opportunities, and challenges in the areas of responsibility.
- An Honours Degree in Finance/Banking/Economics/Engineering and related fields
- A post-graduate qualification such as CA, CFA or MBA would be advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project finance and private equity with a proven track record in project origination, appraisal and deal closure or Structured Finance transactions in a financial institution.
- Proven experience in Financial Modelling, Financial Analysis, Due Diligence Investigations, financial structuring, valuation and risk identification and mitigation.
- Understanding of project and commercial agreements such as off take agreements, EPC/M contracts, operations and maintenance agreements, shareholder agreements, CTA, inter-creditor, and facility agreements.
- Negotiation, analytical, interpersonal and management skills
Interested candidates can send their CV