|Location||Durban, South Africa|
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements the Belgian governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its Belgian and international partners Enabel provides solutions to address urgent global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanization, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Social and Economic Inequalities and Global Citizenship. With 1.500 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel in SA in cooperation with the Ministry of Health and with funding from the Government of Belgium is seeking to recruit 3 Intervention Officers- Result Based Financing to be based in Durban
In addition, Enabel also seeks to establish a recruitment reserve for the same position to be incorporated in its operational teams for future purposes.
The Intervention Officer-Result Based Financing will report to the Sector Expert- Results Based Financing.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
Your Roles and Responsibilities consist of:
- You support the implementation of the intervention by providing input for planning, execution, coordination, and monitoring and evaluation of activities related to support to Result Based Financing (RBF) program in the region and direct health system strengthening interventions- in order to ensure that the results of the portfolio/intervention (outputs – outcomes) are achieved with-in the set execution deadline.
- You support in the provision of the necessary technical input in the area of Result-Based Financing in order to contribute to the achievement of the intervention’s technical performance in accordance with national and international norms and standards.
- You support in the contribution to knowledge building and knowledge management in result-based financing both within the intervention and within the wider national RBF implementation framework, and contribute to development of capacities of partner entities in order to contribute to the improvement of their organisation, their processes and systems and of their staff’s competences.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Health Economics Public Health, Health Management and other related studies;
- A Minimum of 5 years’ work experience as a Specialist in Result Based Financing and Health System Strengthening;
- A Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in the Public Health System of Uganda.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.);
- You have knowledge and experience in Monitoring and Evaluation as well as the Health Indicators;
- You have good capacity building and mentorship skills;
- You are knowledgeable about knowledge Management and knowledge sharing;
- You have experience in working with Development Partners also including District Officials;
- You are very skilled at solving problems and you adopt a solution- and results-oriented approach;
- You show respect and are able to build relations on the basis of credibility and expertise;
- You show engagement, sense of responsibility and integrity;
- You are flexible and can work in a changing environment;
- You have good knowledge of standard ICT applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Other On-line programs);