|Location||Westville, Westville, South Africa|
Sales & Retail
Leading Paper & Packaging Distributor has a vacancy for an Internal Sales Rep. A dynamic individual with good business acumen, excellent communicator both written and verbal and one who pays super attention to detail.
Duties & Essential Job Functions Daily tasks:
- Process incoming orders and customer stock call-offs
- Monitor the progress of product manufacture.
- Update and communicate order shipping details.
- Advise customers of progress as appropriate.
- Process shipping and import documentation.
- Maintain customer records such as customer order details reports and Navision systems with all details of activity.
- Complete and hand over files to the inventory controller and the accounts department.
- Ensure that files and orders are finalised.
- Stay on top of monitoring administration of service contracts and completion monitoring.
- Check all incoming shipments dates daily, update each of the three incoming shipment reports for changes in vessel dates.
- Preparation of updated customer order details. (some weekly, others bi-weekly, customer dependent)
- Provide weekly Stock on Hand, Ageing stock report to customer Monthly tasks:
- Monitoring customer orders and follow up of any discrepancies.
- Ensure that the customer and or the Mills tonnage allocation is fully utilised.
- Follow up with customers for their future orders forecasts and communicate the same with the Mill.
- Monthly customer store visits (where applicable) and ongoing internet research to understand product positioning and price.
- Attend to customer to meet key staff
- Maintain share drive information on the Mill and customer, eg Pricing, SKU details, important email correspondence etc.
- Monitor local inventories and raise any concerns with respective sales manager regarding overstocked or slow turnover SKU’s.
- Promote to the sharing of information within the ISR team.
- Proactively and regularly seek feedback from internal customers to ensure they have all required information.
- Monitoring of service/audit contracts to check for next available service.
- Arrange services with external contractors and internal customers.
- Provide feedback to the accounts payable and receivable teams on the status of agreed payment or invoicing milestones per contract.
- Follow up on outstanding payment issues related to any paperwork admin, working hand in hand with the accounts receivable team
- Assist and actively contribute to customer projects as required (i.e. new product launch, re-labelling)
- Attend and prepare or S&OE Supplier Meetings and relevant meeting follow ups
- Actively monitor any SPP that need to be attended to, inform management and seniors of any issues asap Forecasting and inventory management
- Establish, monitor, prepare and maintain forecasting and inventory schedules for consignment customers on an ongoing basis.
- Make recommendation to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Preparation of monthly forecasts for all consignment customers;
- Arrange for stock replenishment. Relationships with product suppliers:
- Foster the relationship with suppliers by ascertaining the supplier’s strategy generally, their prices, tonnage allocation and available delivery schedules.
- Develop a practical and technical understanding of available grades of product.
- Communicate with suppliers in an informative and deferential manner.
- Report to suppliers regarding the activity of customers and competitors in the industry.
- Develop an understanding of pricing structures and currency influences. Relationships with service providers:
- Develop sound rapport with service providers.
- Follow up and meet with service providers periodically to foster a good working relationship. Relationships with Customers:
- Develop and maintain relationships with purchasing contacts. Communicate on relevant issues with customers on a regular basis (weekly).
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of your customers business and develop a broad understanding of the relevant market. A thorough understanding of your customer’s business will involve knowing their products, manufacturing process, industry, history, sales volumes, pricing and credit worthiness.
- Investigate and resolve quality issues with customers within your areas of responsibilities.
- Manage customer’s orders. Relationships with others:
- Liaise with transport companies and customs agencies to investigate and resolve issues.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of import logistics requirements including shipping, customs, quarantine etc.
- Undertake various training sessions within the business.
- Maintain open communication and develop solid working relationships within the organisation.
- Promote a positive and constructive working environment for yourself and that of you colleagues. Reporting responsibilities
- Report all relevant market information to the relevant sales manager and at the weekly team meeting.
- Produce a sales report for each customer for the sales manager if and when required.
- Report any urgent or headline developments to the relevant sales manager. Other functions and responsibilities
- Respond with flexibility to the needs of a small/medium office – for example, either attending to the duties of absent staff members or bringing to the attention of management possible actions that may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide analysis and information reports for decision making and customer account monitoring purposes.
- Share product knowledge and skills learnt with colleagues.
- Foster a team spirit and shared learning. Achieving
- To promote an ethos of teamwork and working together for a common goal.
- To make known to fellow team members when you have spare time to assist with additional tasks.
- Conduct work related activities with a sense of pride in your work.
- To always conduct your activities with care for the task at hand.
- Make known if you are not receiving all required information and push all sales members to provide the required level of support and information.
- Complete activities with constant visibility too allow for early warning and effective monitoring of progress
- Maintenance of sales files, tidy up, identify past opportunities and if there is future opportunity.
- The analysis of past sales, the understanding of pricing, product range, volume and application.
- Constant follow up with Sales team regarding future opportunities, and the seeking of updates on past opportunities worked on, is more investigation required or is the opportunity closed off.
- The constant monitoring of sales volumes, delivery performance and allocation achievement. Obtain 100% allocation fulfilment monthly. If allocation is to fall short, ensure that sales in all regions are made aware timely
- Attend meetings with customers and suppliers to further foster a good working relationship.
- Suggest solutions on improvements, optimisation, trends.
Interested candidates can send their CV