|Location||Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa|
Applicants are invited for apply for this vacant position of an
Integrated Counsellor to work closely with Coordinators and Facility Managers in the Tygerberg sub-district.
- Provide pre- and post-test HIV Testing services (HTS) to individuals.
- Ensure that the minimum quota of 15 clients is tested per day.
- Provide follow-up counselling to HIV positive clients.
- Provide counselling to treatment readiness clients to start on ARV’s.
- Target all pregnant mothers who frequent the facilities for anti-natal for HIV testing and to fast track positive mothers.
- Encourage males to go for voluntary medical male circumcision to reduce risk of HIV infections.
- Engage community members through talks at neighbouring schools and informal settlements.
- Facilitate Clubs and ROFT support group.
- Provide health education and information in waiting areas within the facilities.
- Grade 12 (Standard 10) or equivalent.
- Fully trained Integrated Counsellor
- Good communication; reading and writing skills.
- Ability to speak in at least two (2) of the official languages.
Interested candidates can send their CV