|Location||Bloemfontein, Bloemfontein, South Africa|
Main purpose of the job
Support strategic development of University fundraising and engagement.
Job Functions Academic
- Fundraising and Development
- Faculty/Support Service Engagement
- Prospect Development
Nature of appointment12 months fixed term support services
Minimum salary scale
(Total Cost to Company) R 597 829 per annum
Note: CUT applies an internal parity model to determine remuneration that complies with the principle of “equal pay for work of equal value”. Accordingly, the preferred candidate may expect an offer that is in line with their qualifications and years of similar experience. Please contact the Recruitment Office for more information on the applicable salary scale.
Minimum Qualification/ Knowledge and/or
- Relevant 3-year qualification (i.e., diploma/degree at least NQF 6 or equivalent)
- 5 years relevant experience in communications/marketing within a higher education environment or private sector. Experience should include: Project Management; Stakeholder Management/Marketing; Fundraising; Alumni Engagement
- Communications/marketing within a higher education environment or private sector
- Valid drivers’ license
Desired Qualification, Knowledge and/or Experience
- Honour’s degree (or equivalent) in marketing/communications/business management/public relations
- 5 years experience in alumni partnership portfolio and/or stakeholder/marketing management
- Experience in marketing environment, encompassing internal and external stakeholders, ideally across alumni relations and fundraising
- Demonstrated track record in fundraising
- Strategic planning experience
- Computer literacy and understanding of Databases (ITS Alumni Subsystem)
- Comprehensive understanding of tertiary education system
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates will be recruited and appointed in accordance with the Employment Equity and Affirmative Action Programmes of the Central University of Technology, Free State.
- The Central University of Technology, Free State reserves the right to conduct/employ a third party to conduct a background investigation in respect of all short-listed candidates.
- Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. If you haven’t received feedback in eight weeks, consider your application not shortlisted.
- The Central University of Technology, Free State reserves the right not to make an appointment in the advertised post and/or to appoint other suitable persons recruited by means other than this advertisement. Appointment, either on a permanent or contract basis, will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Interested candidates can send their CV