|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Street Address||Cape Town|
Our client, within the manufacturing industry seeks to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified Financial Manager to join their team based in Cape Town. The successful incumbent will be responsible for ensuring professional and ethical financial practices and a cohesive finance service offering that is aligned with business strategy, to ensure the functionality and sustained profitability of the Company.
Job Duties Financial Governance
- Develop and evaluate short and long-term strategic financial objectives for the Company, in line with overall business strategy
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions, and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets, and business drivers.
- Formulate and implement finance policies and procedures for the Company, to ensure achievement of Group financial objectives, monitoring for compliance
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the Company, ensuring healthy financial management.
- Responsible for the preparation of relevant and accurate documents for Board Meetings, sub-committee meetings, presentations, and shareholder meetings
- Ensure the effective management of processes for financial forecasting, budgets, consolidation and reporting to the Company.
- Manage and minimize the company’s financial risk exposure by developing and maintaining systems of internal controls
- Formulate and implement a risk matrix for the company to assist the senior executives in managing the company’s risks.
- Ensure compliance across the Company with corporate governance requirements; applicable local and international regulatory laws; and rules for financial and tax reporting, taking action where non-compliance is identified.
- Formulate and implement a compliance report for the company to assist the senior executives in managing and reporting compliance with various legislation impacting the company.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek a full range of business solutions; provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities and provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Work with the MD to identify potential new business opportunities/sources of revenue
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and advisors
- Effectively manage team members to produce best results and empowered individuals
- Manage the relationship with the company’s bankers Financial Accounting
- Responsible for the accounting records of the Company.
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring the annual budget and quarterly rolling forecasts of the company.
- Report to the executive monthly on the performance of the Company against budget and identify any issues that need to be addressed.
- Reviews and approve journals as may be required for the Company.
- Prepares, checks, and submits all statutory returns e.g., VAT, PAYE, UIF, SDL, income tax, WCA etc. for Company.
- Reviewing and authorizing general ledger journals for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Reviewing and authorizing B/S G/L reconciliations for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Prepares and reviews the Tax packs.
- Monitors and interprets cash flows and predicts future trends.
- Co-ordinate’s preparation of the year-end audit.
- Takes responsibility for the completion of the year end audit of the company.
- Prepares ad hoc financial reviews, forecasts, and analyses on request. Reporting
- Co-ordinate with the financial teams of the group to ensure timely submission of monthly and quarterly executive report packs and the annual budget pack to Head Office.
- Prepare the group budget pack.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly consolidation of the group financial performance.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly consolidation of the group rolling forecast
- Prepare monthly presentation pack of group performance and forecast for the MD which includes key points of interest and concern to be noted.
- In executing the above reporting requirements, take the initiative to refine existing systems or develop new systems to ensure report is as efficient and accurate as possible. Job Requirements
- CA (SA)
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience within manufacturing, with at least 3 years at a senior level managing a team
- Experience in Group Consolidations
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant legislation and IFRS reporting
- Must be willing to travel Skills and Competencies
- Proven business acumen and commercial awareness
- Analytical ability
- Planning and organization
- Taking initiative
- Building strategic working relationships
- Leadership skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Decision making skills
Interested candidates can send their CV