|Location||Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa|
Accounting & Finance
A manufacturing company in Johannesburg is looking for a Financial Accountant to start as soon as
- Maintain complete and proper records of revenue,expenditure, assets and liabilities, and ensure the accuracy and integrity of
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the departmental accounting systems, policies and procedures.
- Supports the department through the collection, processing, recording, reconciliation and reporting of financial data,
verifying the validity, completeness and accuracy of source documentation.
Educational/ Training requirements
- Matric – Grade 12
- B Com/B Compt degree- Completed
- SAICA articles completed
- Experience required
- 2 – 4 years’ post articles experience as a Financial Accountant.
- 5 years + Pastel Partner experience
- Advanced computer literacy Microsoft Office, Pastel Partner (VIP payroll,
Lariat/Recycle Prox would be advantageous).
- In depth knowledge of inventory in all aspects
- In depth knowledge of full IFRS/Income Tax/VAT.
- In depth knowledge of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act
Job duties and responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Approval/ Review bank/petty cash recons & journal entries
- Processing of month-end/ yearend journal entries
- Preparation and reconciliation of Monthly Intercompany Accounts Balances and Transactions
- Prepare monthly and yearend GL Reconciliations
- Prepare month/year-end cut-off procedures t
- Compiling of monthly and Yearend Audit Files (Both Electronic and
Hard Copy) :
- Liaising with Auditors
- Ad hoc tasks as requested from management.
- Direct line of reporting- responsible to report to the Group Financial
Director on any and all financial aspects and or queries, as well as reporting
on a monthly basis, as per the KPA
- Professional communication skills in English and Afrikaans
- Excellent ability to analyse, interpret and report on figures and numbers
- Deadline Orientated with attention to detail
- Proactive approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willing to take initiative to deliver results.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Interested candidates can send their CV