|Location||Pietermaritzburg, South Africa|
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Chartered Accountant
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience managing financial, accounting, and operations functions for large, multi-faceted USAID Programs in the $25 million and up range.
- Experience with USAID Program accounting requirements and experience in creating, utilizing, and managing systems and staff that ensure compliance with those requirements.
- Experience in budget monitoring and managing financial reporting requirements.
- Balance of strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in achieving results under challenging implementation circumstances.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in financial strategic initiatives.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Advanced computer literacy in financial systems
- Not for profit accounting
- Strong financial acumen
- Change management
- Deadline and detail driven
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Decision making skills
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Budgeting and financial management
- Project Management skills
- Computer literate
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Coaching, Training and Facilitation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills