|Location||Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa|
The Finance Department seeks to appoint a Finance Manager in its Central Research Finance (CRF) unit to assist the Director: Research Finance in achieving the strategic goals of the CRF and that of the Finance department (FND). This includes managing the Government Agency Hub within the CRF, managing budgets and audits, developing and/or maintaining a range of analytics, driving or assisting with a variety of research enterprise enabling projects, and managing a variety of stakeholder relationships. When required, the incumbent will also deputise for the Director: Research Finance.
- An appropriate accounting/auditing qualification at NQF7 level and 4 years recent and relevant work experience, OR
an appropriate accounting/auditing qualification at NQF6 level and 6 years recent and relevant work experience, OR
a matric with 8 years recent and relevant senior work experience with similar/same responsibilities at the level sought
for this post, at an organisation of at least similar complexity.
- At least 3 years successfully managing staff at middle to junior level.
- Successfully managing a variety of business processes and activities involving unit operations, accounting, auditing,
trouble shooting, reporting, analytics, projects and stakeholder relationships.
- Proficiency in the following areas at the level sought for this post are required: accounting, auditing, people
management, project management, MSOffice tools, accounting/ERP and analytics tools, internet & electronic
communication, financial and other report writing, presentations, analytical/ problem solving, partnership and team
building, effective and assertive communication in all directions and at all levels, and self-management.
The following will be advantageous:
- Sufficient knowledge and insight regarding the financial and research operations of a research intensive organisation
of a similar complexity in general and UCT in particular.
- Professional training in accounting and/or auditing fields, especially in the production and review of internally and
externally focused financial reports and dashboards, and grantor/grantee audits.
- Advanced analytics skills.
- Excellent collaborative relationship and team builder.
- Manage the Government Agency Hub via the Assistant Finance Manager responsible for the Hub and the rest of the
- Manage and/or administer budget requests and a variety of audits directly or via central and faculty finance staff.
- Develop and/or maintain reports, dashboards and other analytics used to monitor and report on, to provide early alerts
and to advise stakeholders, and do follow – ups where appropriate.
- Drive, work on or assist with a range of projects geared towards achieving CRF and FND’s strategic objectives whilst
appropriately mitigating associated risks.
- Manage stakeholder relationships via regular engagements with both internal and external stakeholders, with
appropriate Service Level Agreements where needed and representing CRF at various internal and external forums.
The latest Job Description for this post provides more details and need to be taken into account by all
The annual cost of employment for 2021 including benefits is between R 638 396 and R 751 052.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Mrs. Natasha Khan at [email protected]
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Cover letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).