|Location||Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa|
The Desmond Tutu Health Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused
on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related
infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to
realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of
joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu Health-Foundations’ exciting future.
DTHF is looking to fill the post of Finance Manager – this is a senior management position and
a key role in the operational management team requiring verifiable qualifications and
experience relevant for this post. The purpose of this position is to ensure accurate financial
information and reporting across the organization, including timely provision of statutory
reporting, forecasts and Budgets to meet business needs and to provide proactive advice and
guidance to Executive and Leadership teams in respect to all financial matters affecting the
company. Hands-on finance experience as well as a strategic outlook are required for this
challenging position within the NGO sector.
Essential minimum requirements for successful application:
(Please do not submit an application if you do not have all of the listed requirements)
- Tertiary education with specialized certification in Financial Accounting or relevant
- Completed articles – Qualified CA or relevant recognized equivalent qualification
- SAP B1 processing experience
- Minimum 8 years relevant working experience in Financial Management at senior
management level, preferably with NGO experience
- Line Management experience leading a finance team
Other relevant requirements:
- Ability to work with budgets and advise on financial decision making
- Advanced experience in MS Office programmes with advance Excel knowledge
- Knowledge of the development of finance dashboards and will be an advantage
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle pressure and is dynamic to change
- Valid driver’s license
The Key Performance Indicators of this position will be:
- To be accountable for the full finance function at the DTHF to the executive and the
- To ensure compliance to the International Accounting Standards and Conservation
International (CI) and Conservation South Africa (CSA) Policies and Procedures
- To ensure the financial integrity of grant monies received and that allocation of funds
is in accordance with Funder regulations and organization policies under the guidance
of the Audit and Risk committee
- The position will oversee timely submission and accuracy of financial documentation
and will require line management of the finance team (Bookkeeper; Finance Officer/
Creditors Clerk and Project Purchaser
- Lead the Statutory and A133 audits with external Auditors and implement the
necessary corrective action where recommended in the Management report
- The Finance Manager will be required to be familiar with the financial systems,
policies, procedures and controls utilized by DTHF
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses on
- Ensures timeous invoicing to funders and payments to creditors
- Ensure month end deadlines are met for all statutory payments.
- Ensure proper documentation exists and complies with policy and procedure
requirements before disbursements are made.
- Oversee Finance files to ensure that they are audit ready.
- Oversee accurate completion of accounting questionnaires and statutory information
- Oversee Asset register entries and maintenance and ensure assets are adequately
- Oversee vehicle licensing and insurance queries.
- Ensure that accurate financial status is presented to the Board during regular board
meetings with recommendations where appropriate
- Maintain the organization investment portfolio and monitor results
- Produce the monthly cash flow report for the Executive committee review and
manages, monitors and interprets cash flow and predicts future trends including
regular cashflow forecasts.
- Manages petty cash, supply corporate accounts and credit cards
- Records and Manages business financial risk
- Continually strives to up-skill and motivate the finance team through effective
leadership, mentoring, coaching, performance improvement and the creation and
implementation of individual development plans
- Assist in preparing financial reports for as requested by Executive committee, Audit
and Risk Committee and the Board of Directors
- In collaboration with the Grants and Finance Senior Manager ensure develop an
organizational budget and sustainability plan
- The position will report directly to the General Manager
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Kindly indicate your salary expectation with your application
Interested candidates can send their CV
Submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of
three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager [email protected] by 19
th July 2021 and include the reference number: #DTHF/C037.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applicants who have completed both applications steps, will be considered.