|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
Computer & IT
Our client in the clearing & forwarding industry is looking for an Entries Clerk to join their team in JHB Duties:
- Prepare a valid and accurate Bill of Entry for submission to SARS via EDI and quality assure files including the accuracy and completeness of documents necessary for the capturing of the Bill of Entry.
- Process and submit Voucher of Corrections (VOC’s) to SARS, ensuring all VOC requirements have accurately been captured on Ship Shape in order to prevent rejections, penalties, refunds and write offs.
- Classify commodities shown on suppliers invoices accurately including obtaining any documents and information related to classification requirements such as Suppliers Literature, Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), Analysis Certificates, Pictures, Samples, etc.
- Comply with Customs (legislative) requirements by ensuring all permits, rebates, certificates etc. are available and on record ensuring the release insert in the shipment file is timeously obtained and submitted to Controllers.
- Attend to customs stops / detentions and follow up on all relevant SARS stop notes until these are finalised and closed out.
- Register shipments and quality check bills of entry ensuring BOE’s are framed according to instructions, potential inconsistencies / errors are resolved in conjunction with the Customs specialist and shipment status on Ship Shape is monitored.
- Provide administrative support including the timeous and accurate capturing of data on Ship Shape, updating updating balances on spread sheets, permits/certificates and ensuring daily productivity is measured in respect of the number of Bill of Entry and lines captured.
- Engage with internal and external clients and assist with tariff queries as well as the determination of tariff codes for entry purposes.
- Act as a point of control of all data and information related to entries ensuring all files, records and information is appropriately managed, kept, maintained, accurate and up to date.
- Ensure that all activities in the area of responsibility are compliant with current legal and company specific regulations. Requirements: To be successful in the above role, the incumbent should possess/ display the following key skills/ attributes:
- 3-5 Years operational Import/Export, financial and freight industry experience.
- Knowledge of Incoterms 2020 and tariffing (GRI’s) and Customs Clearing certification.
- Computer literate.
- Procars required. We will also seek evidence of the following characteristics and abilities:
- Bill of Entries processing.
- Customs co-ordination and facilitation.
- Client service.
- Client orientation.
- Communication skill.
- Build value based relationships.
- Personal influence & impact.
- Drive and deliver results.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving.
Interested candidates can send their CV