|Location||Durban, Durban, South Africa|
Computer & IT
Key, Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage user enrolment (lecturers & students) in the Learning Management System
- Assign tasks, produce reports, track progress, and handle client requests
- Manage the registration and access levels of users of the e-learning platforms
- Give orientation and train LMS users
- Train and support academic staff in sound pedagogical development of online courses
- Migrate data and upload, course content
- Navigate the LMS and oversee Learning Management System (LMS) operation and maintenance
- Maintain and administer the University's Learning and Development Database
- Develop procedures for potential E-learning projects.
- Establish an on-going assessment/review of e-learning services and systems.
- Design and develop orientation and training materials for students and staff using the LMS
- Provide updated research on eLearning systems to inform upgrades based on context
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the Supervisor.
A Bachelor’s degree in Educational Technology Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or related fields, with at least a postgraduate Certificate in Education or Educational Technology or related field; Bachelor’s degree in Education or Adult and Community Education, with at least a postgraduate Certificate in ICT or Educational Technology.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, teamwork and presentation skills;
- Train the Trainer Training, process management and problem solving skills;
- Time-management, quality and project-management skills;
- Excellent planning, and organizational skills;
- Experience in migrating multimedia data and upload course content in the Learning Management Systems (LMS);
- Experience in user enrolment (lecturers & students), managing user roles in the LMS;
- Navigating and performing regular LMS backup support with ease;
- Working experience with at least one major E-learning platform (Moodle);
- Practical experience in implementing educational technology tools including Zoom, Camtasia, screencast, office-mix;
- Working experience in developing, researching and reviewing eLearning courses;
- Practical experience in developing eLearning content, production and activities;
Tenure of Appointment 4 years
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8