|Location||East London, East London, South Africa|
|Street Address||East London|
The Driver will be responsible for delivery goods/office items and transport them to their destinations. From time to time might also be requested to take staff to their various drop-out points. As part of the delivery team ensure that the items are complete, packed correctly, and safely delivered to the correct client.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Carrying out basic vehicle maintenance checks.
- Delivering goods to clients in a timely manner.
- Picking up office purchases or other administrative needs.
- Utilizing navigation apps to find the most optimal route.
- Interacting with clients in a professional conduct.
- Working at night and on weekends.
- Maintaining an organized travel schedule.
- Ensuring that vehicles have sufficient gas and are always ready for use.
- Arranging for vehicle repairs when necessary.
- Updating monthly mileage records.
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip
- Pick up staff and Regional Office Visitors from the place and at the time they’ve requested
- Collect payments and issue receipts
- Assist clients with loading and unloading their luggage
- Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed
- Take safety precautionary measures when on the road.
Preferred Competencies and Skills
- Sober Character
- Dedicated and Focused
- Attention to detail
- Mature and Disciplined
- Polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate
- Any Mechanical / Technical Qualification will be a plus
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Sober Driver
- Must have a clean class B or higher valid driver’s license
- Must have Basic vehicle maintenance experience
- A clean driving record
- Familiarity with GPS devices will be a plus
- Must be ready to occasionally take weekend and night shifts