|Location||Durban, Durban, South Africa|
Admin & Office
Provide leadership and oversee strategic direction and viability of the directorate of Quality Assurance.
Key, Duties and Responsibilities
- To initiate and direct the development, monitoring and evaluation of strategic plan, generates, processes in line with the university strategic plan;
- To coordinate the production of the directorate’s work plan and budgets for the Directorate’s functions, processes and activities in line with the University’s strategic plan and budget;
- Initiate, implement and review the directorate of quality assurance policy in line with the University’s strategic plan;
- Link the quality assurance functions to both national and international universities and organizations in line with the University’s strategic plan;
- Initiate institutional reviews and design strategies of managing and enhancing quality in line with the University’s quality assurance policy and strategic plan;
- Provide professional advice and guideline to council and other University decision making organs and ensure uniform quality assurance policy;
- Mobilize, plan and account for resources of the directorate in line with the University strategic plan;
- Initiate systems and strategies to empower staff for leadership in line with the University quality assurance policy.
- A PhD from a recognized University/Institution
- A Postgraduate qualification in Management
Must have excellent record of administration, teaching, research and service in Public Universities of not less than fifteen (12) years three (3) of which at a senior managerial level.
- Planning and organization;
- Team work oriented
- Leadership & supervisory skills;
- Ability to build, lead and work with others.
- Computer literacy.
- Interpersonal & Communication skills.
- Quick judgment & decision making.
- Ability to initiate change.
Tenure of Appointment 5 years
Age Limit Applicants should not exceed 55 years of age
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate