|Location||Hyde Park, Hyde Park, South Africa|
Media, Communications & Writing
YFM is a "Youth" radio station in Johannesburg, South Africa. Established in 1997, the station is formatted to mostly play urban music genres such as Kwaito, Hip Hop, and R&B along with a minority of its airtime being dedicated to talk shows.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager.
The purpose of this role is to create, plan, research, write copy and edit content for all YFM’s digital platforms, in line with the brand’s tone and style. Ensure that all digital platforms are used effectively to engage with YFM’s audience. Stay ahead of all digital trends and ensure that YFM is creatively applying these trends where appropriate. Growth across all social media platforms as defined by management.
Job Functions Communications,Copywriting,Editing,Journalist,Marketing
Industries Broadcasting / Transmitting,Media
- Responsible for creating, producing, sourcing and aggregating digital content for all YFM’s digital platforms.
- Community management according to YFM’s tone and brand image.
- Conceptualise with marketing to effectively interpret and execute brand campaigns and messaging.
- Co-ordinate the output of content from studio to ensure that all programming content is communicated creatively and within the station’s tone and style on all social media platforms.
- Editing, proof-reading and checking all posts posted to social media.
- Deadline driven and working in advance to ensure all brand messages and campaigns are executed in advance.
- Stay ahead of all social media trends and apply them to YFM’s social media platforms where appropriate.
- Co-ordinate the output of original content as well as content aligned to marketing objectives to ensure that messages for digital platforms are delivered within deadline and according to concept.
- Analyse and report on the performance of all digital platforms on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that a content calendar is planned in advance for all social media platforms and executed accordingly.
- Ensure that multimedia components are added to all content, where relevant and applicable.
- Build out campaign/event-related pages or properties with relevant content, graphics, etc.
- Compiling reports as and when necessary for brand campaigns
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as instructed by the marketing manager, digital manager and/or the MD of YFM.
Education: Degree in Multimedia Communications and/or related qualification
Language: Business English
Experience: At least 4 years’ experience working in online journalism or content
Specific Professional Competencies:
- Able to work outside of standard office hours as and when required, including weekends and public holidays.
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Experienced in all relevant programmes like Canva and Agora Pulse
- In-depth understanding of all social media platforms
- Excellent writing, grammar, proof-reading and editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage a team
- Organised and process driven
- Team player who is results orientated
- Trustworthy and accountable
- Solid presentation skills
Interested candidates can send their CV