|Location||Port Elizabeth, Port Elizabeth, South Africa|
DEBTORS CLERK - JUNIOR
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position to be based in Port Elizabeth.
This person will report to the Account Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: The Debtors Clerk attends to the billing and debt collection requirements within the finance department, while ensuring excellent customer service levels are always maintained.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not
Collect all outstanding payments via SMS, e-mail and telephonically.
Investigate incorrect billing - unallocated, payments, wrong invoicing and cancellations not processed.
Suspend clients who have overdue balances.
Refusal to pay: Investigate what went wrong:
- Tickets logged.
- Payment pattern - always short/always late.
-Technical problem - ask for all details, inform the client that a technical ticket will be created, and that the technical support team will be in contact with them.
Debit order bounced back:
- Send out SMS or e-mail to notify clients of the unpaid debit order.
- Send notification of suspension.
- Suspend client till further notice.
- Keep client on debit order for dates that follow.
Convert EFT client to debit orders:
- Clients who we contact who are overdue first
time - ask debit order.
- Client who owe the company for a few months and has been suspended - need to go onto debit order.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
Minimum of 2 years' experience in a Debtor's Clerk role.
Must have Microsoft Excel and Pastel experience.
Time management, excellent communication, and customer service skills.
General telephone etiquette.
Interested candidates can send their CV