|Location||Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa|
We invite suitable candidates to apply for this position of Curriculum Co-ordinator. The successful candidate will be part of the EduCare Centre team in the Property and Services, Estates and Custodial Services.
- NQF 7 qualification in ECD and or related field with special needs and specialist training.
- 5 years’ experience in curriculum and management experience, CURRICULUM TRAINED-NCF, NELDS and
experience for differently abled children will be an advantage.
- Lesson presentation, learner assessment, presentations, curriculum support, staff relations, interpersonal skills,
professional knowledge and skill.
- Curriculum knowledge within ECD, NELDS, NCF.
- SACE, drivers licence, First Aid Certificate, NCF certificate/training.
- Honesty to handle finances.
- Successfully formulate a work environment that values and develops its employees within structures and
composition of the University, inspiring, transforming, treating everyone fairly/objectively with respect and
dignity within high standard and quality of Universities ethos.
- Monitor/assess/evaluate/track progress on all educational projects managed to ensure projects achieve their
objectives and deliverables, documenting all activities effectively being accountable for curriculum needs of the
- CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT: Interpretation of learning programmes, development of learning materials and
assessment methods and selection of appropriate teaching strategies.
- LESSON PRESENTATION AND METHODOLOGY: Teacher’s knowledge and experience of the learning areas that is
presented to learners in ways that produce learning, interest, involvement, questions and critical thinking.
- Assist staff members with indoor and outdoor weekly planning.
- LEARNER ASSESSMENT: The ability to assess the progress as well as the potential and actual learning through
using a variety of assessment procedures.
- In consultation with the teaching staff, develop and plan the yearly learning programme, work schedules, lesson
plans and assessment standards.
- Communicate with parents regarding curriculum matters.
- Manage library borrowing procedure of all classes.
- Update yearly planner.
- Monthly report of staff activity and progress
- Review progress reports to determine whether they are aligned with WCED.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY: Manage inventory and stock taking of Educare.
- Ensure that the health and safety policies are always applied.
- Purchase of educational resources for Educare.
- Check that parent contact numbers list is always updated.
- Serve on the Management committee, fund-raising sub committee.
- Ensure that the support staff is fulfilling their role in supporting the class teachers within management team.
Interested candidates can send their CV
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Mrs. Natasha Khan
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Cover letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)