|Location||Port Elizabeth, Port Elizabeth, South Africa|
A position is available in Port Elizabeth for a Cross Trades Controller with at least 2 years International shipping experience.
Minimum qualification and experience:
- 2 Years’ international shipping experience
- Knowledge of trade lanes
- Knowledge of shipping lines and their operations
- Syspro experience advantageous
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Related qualification advantageous
Main Duties/Key Results Areas:
- Follow up and expedite outstanding supplier orders in line with customer required ETA’s.
- Facilitate and coordinate supplier prepayments and balance
- Ensure document instructions are in place as per customer requirements.
- Make bookings with shipping lines, forwarding agents.
- Ensure timeous receiving, checking and approving of shipping documents against customer requirements and issuing same to customers and agents within the required time frame.
- Tracking of in transit shipments.
- Update Dashboard and Status Reports on order shipment details.
- Liaise with internal and external customers on order status and other related issues.
- Be fully conversant with import and export laws and regulations.
- You will be expected to maintain your understanding and keep up to date with changes as they occur.
- Liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs or quarantine.
Interested candidates can send their CV