|Location||Overberg, Overberg, South Africa|
Accounting & Finance
A renowned JSE Listed company is looking for a “Cost Accountant” to join their team on a full-time permanent basis in Gansbaai.
Excellent compensation package on offer (subject to qualification and or experience).
We are looking for a Cost Accountant to join our Finance department. You will be responsible for performing cost analyses and preparing budget reports. You should possess excellent analytical skills along with the ability to combine different data and calculate profit margins. Our ideal candidate should also be able to create detailed reports that present cost-effective solutions for our company. Ultimately, you should build updated databases and manage cost information to maximize profitability for our company.
- Collecting cost information & maintaining expenses database
- Constructing data accumulation systems
- Determining fixed costs (e.g. salaries, rent & insurance)
- Plan and record variable costs (e.g., purchases of raw material and operations costs)
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Prepare budgeting reports (for company & each department)
- Analyse and report profit margins
- Prepare (monthly, quarterly, and annual) cost forecasts
- Assisting in month-end and year-end closing
- Identify and recommend cost-effective solutions
- In addition to your primary functions, you may be required to perform other duties that may reasonably be required by management on an adhoc basis
Qualifications/Experienced and Requirements:
- Proven work experience as a Cost Accountant, Cost Analyst, Accountant, or similar role
- Relevant Qualification / Degree / Diploma
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with accounting software, like Syspro
- Working knowledge of an accounting package
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills, Access, overall good MS Office Suite skills
- Experience in a similar position as a Cost Accountant
- Able to operate independently as well as in a team
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Driver’s license
Interested candidates can send their CV