|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Street Address||Cape Town|
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Provides responses to bids, proposals and contract negotiations.
- Prepares requests for proposals for distribution to vendors.
- Maintains a set of standard contracts for the company.
- Analyses all requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that contracts are executed in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Conducts research prior to writing contracts to obtain a full understanding of the scope of work.
- Audits existing contracts and oversees contract amendments.
- Analyses a contract’s risk to the business and communicates in a timely manner.
- Ensures that business goals are accomplished by contract implementation.
- Trains and supervises other contract professionals.
- Communicates contract implementations to subordinates. Maintains a computer database for the company’s contract management system.
- Conducts analysis of new laws, regulations and contract trends to determine potential impact on the business.
- Coordinates with the finance department to ensure correct payments are made in accordance with the contract.
- Negotiates and oversees leasing agreements.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/ Quantity Surveying / Civil Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration / Contracts Arbitration will be added advantage.
- Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) desirable.
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in contract preparation and management within the Mining industry.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and endure high pressure or stressful situations.
- Knowledge of International contract law, mergers and acquisitions regulations.
- Exhibit strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Excellent persuasion, negotiation and judgment skills.
- Working knowledge of financial analytics and profit and loss implications.
- Demonstration of superior presentation skills.
- Very good understanding of mining, engineering construction and mining operational contracts.