|Location||Durban, Durban, South Africa|
Science & Engineering
Our client, within the manufacturing industry seeks to appoint a dynamic Continuous Improvement Engineer, to join their team based in Durban.
The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the implementation of Lean-Sigma type improvement projects by integrating the Continuous Improvement department within the plant and support the cultural transformation towards a culture of continuous improvement.
- Contributes to the definition of projects, the construction and animation of the site progress plan.
- Support and assist operational staff in the implementation of continuous improvement.
- Manage or lead major projects (LEAN Sigma, 5S, Company projects) in close collaboration with managers and operational staff, while involving the appropriate change management.
- Coordinate and ensure the proper functioning of progress initiatives according to the standards defined or to be defined.
- Share best practices with the Continuous Improvement referent for Tricks.
- Design and conduct time and motion studies to develop standard work routines; best practises and realistic/measurable productivity expectations.
- Collaborate and communicate the above mentioned with Head of Departments (HODs) and Development team.
- Performing routine audits of systems and operational processes.
- Advise on improvements of Key Performance Indicators that impacts operations and processes with different stakeholders.
- Perform data analysis to identify opportunities and risks in storage optimisation, material handling and process conformance.
- Capture: design and make recommendations to process flow through risk, security, and productivity gap analysis.
- Develop and maintain work standards and characteristics that promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Design, implement and maintain 5s initiatives across all departments.
- Support continuous improvement projects and initiatives by actively adhering to lean principles, design of experiments (ex: Six Sigma; Simulation design etc.)
- Assist in identifying facility design requirements based on activity levels, flow, and business requirements.
- Development and construction of tools to aid operations in their day-to-day activities.
- BEng Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience within a Manufacturing Environment.
- Ideally Black Belt certified with extensive knowledge in Continuous Improvement.
- Knowledge of simulations and models advantageous
- High level of proficiency with MS Office packages
Interested candidates can send their CV