|Location||Durban, Durban, South Africa|
Our client, a leading name in the Education industry seeks a dynamic Student Retention/Contact Centre Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent must be an organized, reliable and results-driven professional.
The Student Retentions Manager needs to have a holistic understanding of the value drivers of the business and have an analytical data driven approach to solving problems.
With strong contact centre management experience, you must also have excellent customer service and communication skills to ensure ongoing student satisfaction and fee collection.
The role will include, but not be limited to:
- Be responsible to establish and manage a new contact centre within the group focused on student retention and fee collection
- Manage student interactions and collections in an analytical approach using the data analysis and technology tools available
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of contact centre agentsto deliver on the strategic objectives of the group
- Creating and implementing a strategy to improve the collection of outstanding fees while ensuring student engagement to promote retention.
- Responsible for negotiating payment plans with students or write-off debt to minimize the company’s potential loss of income within the scope defined with the CFO
- Defining and Implementing collection policies and procedures to avoid excessive outstanding debt.
- Remaining informed of any legislative procedural training regarding debt collection.
- Ensuring delivery of high standards of service to customers by making the most effective and efficient use of debtors contact-centre staff and technology resources
- Monitor, analyse and plan improvements to debtors contact-centre performance
- Ongoing mentoring, coaching and training mentor
- Effectively performance manage the team when required Daily activities include but are not limited to:
- Contact Centre productivity
- Call list engagement and conversion
- Setting and meeting performance targets for speed, efficiency and quality;
- Managing the daily running of the student retention and fee collection contact centre
- Liaising with line managers, team leaders, operations and third parties to gather information and resolve issues
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of industry developments
- Monitoring random calls to improve quality, minimise errors and track operative performance
- Coordinating staff recruitment, including writing vacancy advertisements and liaising with HR staff
- Reviewing the performance of staff, identifying training needs and planning training sessions
- Handling the most complex customer complaints or enquiries
- Organising staffing, including shift patterns and the number of staff required to meet demand
- Coaching, motivating and retaining staff and coordinating bonus, reward and incentive schemes Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, or business/operations management. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience as a collections/ contact centre manager.
- 3+ years’ experience in a senior management role
- Experience with ERP software and advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Outstanding leadership and managerial skills.
- The ability to work accurately and independently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Strong time and people management skills.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Analytical and have great report writing skills
- Extensive knowledge of collection laws, and continuously find ways to improve the company’s debt recovery
Interested candidates can send their CV