|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
Communications and Fundraising Advisor (based in Lusaka)
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Communication for the Project (internal and external): development and implementation of a targeted communication strategy, design and update communication materials and supporting efficient internal communication.
- Capacity Development on Communications and Fundraising to Partner Organisations: supporting partners in identifying their needs in the area of communications and fundraising, supporting partners in the development, design and implementation of selected communication products as well as communication and fundraising strategies, structure and steer capacity development interventions with selected partner organisations in these areas, including the contracting and managing of service providers which are to carry out some of these capacity development measures.
- Internal knowledge management: being responsible for internal knowledge management tools and processes (i.e. MS Teams structure, calendars, media archives, etc.).
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy for the programme, building on what has been achieved in the previous project phase and in line with corporate communication guidelines from GIZ as well as from commissioning parties
- Developing/Designing and maintaining communication materials, such as presentations, factsheets, brochures and banners for the programme
- Developing communication material based on successes of project activities
- Prepare and organize events, such as conferences, project visits by official delegations, presentations of project successes to cooperating partners and/or commissioning parties, etc.
- Providing support to advisors on corporate design questions
- Preparing infographics on different topics
- Preparing articles for newsletters, content preparation for social media
- Supporting communication with partners (e.g. drafting letters and invitations, press statements, compilation of bi-annual reports, etc.)
- Preparing and managing the assignments of external consultants
Capacity Development for Partner Organisations
- Assess partner organizations’ needs for capacity development as well as hands-on support in the area of communication and fundraising
- Support selected partner organizations in the design and development of key communication products, such as newsletters, websites etc.
- Structure and steer capacity development interventions with selected partner organizations
- Prepare and manage the assignment of external service providers
- Monitor the success of implemented measures via, e.g. improved outreach, access to additional funding and similar
- Ensuring development and maintenance of adequate filing structure in MS Teams and if necessary in the Document Management System (DMS)
- Close collaboration with M&E expert to regularly communicate success stories
- Setting up and maintaining digital media archives including photos and videos & coordinate consultancy assignments related to photography and videography
- Supporting cross-cutting IT topics in the cluster
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Mass Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences, Project Management or a related discipline
- At least eight years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience in working in the field of media and communications, including knowledge and competence in digital communications and the targeted use of social media platforms
- Experience in developing and implementing fundraising strategies in the non-profit sector
- Experience in creating tailor-made content for different target audiences and for social media
- Excellent working knowledge of relevant software (e.g. MS Office, MS Teams, graphic design software, etc.)
- Basic understanding of governance, democracy and human rights
- Experience in the field of international development cooperation or similar organizations desirable
Other knowledge and additional competences:
- Must possess excellent writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
- Must be a strong communicator who works well independently and with a team and can moderate an event
- Specialized knowledge of design software such as InDesign or Photoshop is an asset
- Good time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team
- Fluency in English, both written and oral