|Location||Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa|
The Department of Student Affairs is seeking a committed individual who is flexible and able to adapt to a dynamic Student Affairs environment for appointment as soon as possible. As the successful candidate you will service the University Student Affairs Committee (USAC), the Student Societies and Organisations Committee (SSOC) and the Orientation Co-ordinating Committee (OCC) and relevant sub-committees and working groups.
The successful applicant will be required to uphold the university’s committee standards in providing high quality and timeous agendas and minutes. The incumbent will report to the Director, Student Development and will be based in the Student Orientation, Leadership and Governance (SOLG) section.
Requirements for the job:
- NQF 6 or equivalent
- 2 years relevant experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to do Minutes and Agendas
- Good organisational skills
- Computer literacy skills
- Understanding Higher Education environment policies and legislation
- Setting up meetings, drafting agendas and Minutes and follow up actions in consultation with the
Chairpersons of USAC, SSOC and OCC.
- Ensure up to date records, Terms of Reference, and membership lists of each committee.
- Undertake committee administration, and specifically ensure that updated forms are posted online.
- Liaise with the relevant offices in undertaking the servicing officer role.
- Provide reports as required.
The monthly remuneration for this position is R20 000 per month.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to [email protected]
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Letter of motivation, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)