|Location||Durban, South Africa|
Our client, a leading manufacturing company seeks a dynamic and experienced Coastal Sales Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will report to the National Sales Executive.
We require someone who has at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position with team management experience.
The Coastal Sales Manager will be accountable for the three coastal branches of the business, being Durban, Cape Town, and Port Elizabeth Branch.
This position is responsible for growing sales, managing margins, driving, and motivating the coastal branch internal staff as well as the sales team to achieve business objectives and strategies.
Duties: Development, Communication, and Implementation of Strategy
- Development and implementation of strategy
- Experience in working with management accounts monthly and providing feedback during monthly Management meetings.
- Developing a strategy based on quantitative and qualitative evaluation of market dynamics with a clear action plan that is set upon driving the necessary sales team behaviour.
- Instituting measurable criteria for the sales force to ensure optimal customer service, sales team utilization and customer retention / prospecting.
- Sees value where it isn’t obvious, establishes and follows through with the opportunities that are created turning them into profitable avenues.
- Skilled in negotiation to ensure continued sales flow from regular customers while optimising value through price, volume, and margin management. Forecasting, Budgeting and Reporting
- Setting of and adherence to regional budgets, sales forecasts, and fixed costs.
- Monitoring and evaluating targets and initiating corrective action plans where necessary.
- Strong margin management.
- Monitoring and control of working capital Customer Relationship Management
- Create and maintain effective customer relationships.
- Generate and follow-up on sales leads.
- Maintain high profile in industry related organisations.
- Provide customer support where necessary.
- Works closely with technical and operational staff to ensure that the customer’s needs are addressed.
- Appreciates the importance of balancing entertainment with reward to achieve the desired results. Staff Management and Development
- Lead and motivate the branch and sales team for maximum performance.
- Highly energetic and enthusiastic leader with a good balance between motivating a team culture and leading by example.
- Prepare and deliver effective motivational team meetings.
- Manage employee development through training and performance management.
- Manage a sustainable sales pipeline with accurate reporting.
- Must be willing to travel nationally and on a frequent basis (weekly).
- Passionate about teamwork and demonstrates the value of working with executives from supporting departments including Operations, Technical, Procurement, HR and Finance.
- Relevant Business Degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position with team management experience.
Interested candidates can send their CV