|Location||Illovo, Sandton, South Africa|
- LLB or B Proc at NQF 8 with 480 Credits
- 7 Years’ experience in the Legal and Strategic business environment
Skills and Competencies
o Able to work under pressure
o Able to work independently and in a cross-functional team
Honesty, integrity, and trustworthiness
o Team player
o To mentor and provide guidance to senior legal advisors
o Take ownership and accountability for responsibilities
o Ability to drive the implementation of strategy effectively
o Knowledge of Legislations and Common law, in particular, Energy, Mining and Petroleum law, Environmental law and Admin and Procurement law;
o Contract drafting and negotiations of coal supply, fuel and other sources of resources for the running of a power station;
o Experience with liaising with the competition commission , environmental and mining regulatory bodies
o Experience in Commercial, Company law;
o Exposure to NEC Contracts would be an added advantage
o Knowledge of all relevant and applicable legal principles.
o Relevant legal knowledge and training
o Research ability
o Analytical skills
o Strategic analysis and assessment
o Business acumen
o Commercial know-how
o Negotiation skills
o Interpersonal relation skills
o Communication skills
o Computer literacy
- Strategic, general, and more complex and/or specialised legal advice pertaining to coal fuel contracts .
- Managing dispute resolution and providing negotiation assistance.
- Advising on the implementation of legislation and case law, particular Mining Law.
- Managing external attorneys.
Interested candidates can send their CV