|Location||Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa|
The Hasso Plattner School of Design Thinking at UCT (d-school), is an education, training and research school that offers programmes in design led thinking to undergraduate and post graduate students who are registered at UCT.
The school also offers both student and executive programmes to the private and public sectors as well as community-based development practitioners. The d-school ‘s overall objective is to promote, train and capacitate individuals and organisations in the practice of design thinking as an enabler of innovation and new outcomes that can meet the needs of users in complex socio-political and economic contexts.
As a member of the d-school team the Business and Partnerships Development Manager will be responsible to
establish and maintain an integrated sales, business and partnership function for the d-school. The role will be
required to significantly increase new business and partnerships for the d-school that will enable the d-school to
increase executive education and student (academic) programmes within the public, private and NGO sectors in
South Africa and Africa in line with the d-school’s medium-term strategy. This is a 5-year full time contract
position, and the incumbent will work closely with the d-school senior management team and report directly to the
d-school Head of Shared Services.
- Minimum NQF level 7 qualification e.g., Bachelor’s degree in business or management or related discipline.
- 5 years’ recent and relevant experience in Executive Education business development and sales including
programme/ course design, proposal writing, costing, quoting and negotiation.
- Demonstrable experience in developing client partnerships, building and maintaining constructive client
relationships and new business networking skills.
- Proven experience in driving sales and achieving set revenue targets in Executive Education sector.
- Proven experience in preparing and consolidating tenders and/or drafting complex proposals.
- Proven high level analytical skills and skilled at interpreting client requirements.
- Proven computer literacy – high level proficiency in the MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of and experience in selling design led thinking or innovation programmes.
- Experience in managing programme finances and budgets.
- NQF Level 8 e.g., PG Dip/ Honours or above relevant qualification.
- Experience within the higher education sector.
- Experience working in business administration.
- Working knowledge of client relationship management systems.
- Development and implementation of a business and partnership engagement strategy for external clients
aimed at driving revenues and margin targets.
- Identify, actively pursue and negotiate new business opportunities, including opportunities to tender for
professional training and development opportunities.
- Meet set revenue and margin targets for new and existing business.
- Canvassing and cold calling potential clients.
- Develop a clear understanding of client needs to contribute to the development and design of customised
- Development of a proactive business and partnership engagement strategy for internal UCT clients aimed
at growing student programmes and numbers.
- Actively seek, develop, maintain and manage relationships within UCT faculties and external academic
- Development of customized proposals for both executive and student programmes.
- Responsible for hosting partners, students, alumni and potential organisation partners during visits to the
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a client and project partner relationship management system.
The annual cost of employment is between R638 396 and R751 052.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Tracy Moore at [email protected]
UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Letter of motivation systematically indicating how you meet the requirements as above, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)