|Location||Durban, South Africa|
Our client, a leader as a global logistics provider, seeks to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified Business Development Executive to join their team based in Durban.
- Identify market opportunities and potential clients / prospects while developing and implementing sales strategies to achieve new business sales targets and results.
- Selling of all company services including, Clearing, Forwarding, Logistics and National Distribution. Strong Air Freight Back Round.
- Opening and implementation of new business in line with KPI’s set and interim servicing and monitoring of service-provision to new accounts.
- Developing and maintaining an ongoing pipeline / list of prospective clients in line with new business strategy.
- Maintaining own existing client base and managing relationship with customers until handover to Customer Relations personnel.
- Continuously look for extension opportunities of client’s business to expand services to available customers.
- Communicate with inbound and outbound operations and management regarding customer enquiries.
- Manage territory efficiently and economically by covering it on a planned schedule basis.
- Ensure client records are kept up to date in master files and on CRM System, with accurate information as per ISO 9001.
- Collecting and analysing customer, market, and competitor information.
- Coordinating marketing activity with others and improving lead generation.
- Preparation of proposals, profiles, presentations, new business estimates and business development reports.
- Continuous development of industry and product knowledge to provide logistics solutions to meet customer needs.
- Effective use of organisational resources to achieve desired results. Job Requirements
- Matric - Degree or diploma advantages
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience within the Logistics Industry
- Proven track record in dealing with customers.
- Advanced computer literacy,i.e. Ms Office:- Word, Excel,PowerPoint.
- Ability to always maintain professionalism and corporate standards.
- Must have a sense of urgency and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Proven track record in dealing with customers
- Knowledge and understanding of the sales process
Interested candidates can send their CV