|Location||Hyde Park, Hyde Park, South Africa|
eNCA: SOUTH AFRICA'S MOST WATCHED TV NEWS CHANNEL. eNCA is South Africa’s most trusted independent TV and online news brand. It launched on June 1st, 2008 to become the country’s first 24-hour television news service.
Reporting to Operations Manager.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Technical Director to ensure that all relevant scripts are loaded, cleaned and correctly lined up on the teleprompter to be read by the on air talent.
Job Functions Coordinator,Editing,Operator,Technical
Industries Broadcasting / Transmitting,Media
- Testing and ensuring the teleprompter is working properly and reporting any technical issues to the Technical Director or a member of the IT Department.
- Clean up, typing and saving scripts.
- Operating the programme origination.
- Operating the tele-prompter/Auto-Script.
- Ensuring all stories are lined up & prompted in the correct order to correspond with broadcast.
- Changing scripts on air or when directed to do so by editorial team or Technical Director.
- Operating in a live studio, outside broadcast and pre-record environment.
- Receiving directives from the Technical Director.
- Alerting the Technical Director & Assistant Programme Editor of any irregularities timeously.
Key Performance Indicators:
1.Testing and ensuring the teleprompter is working properly and reporting any technical issues to the Technical Director or a member of the IT Department.
2.Clean up, typing and saving scripts.
3.Ensuring all stories are prompted in the correct order to correspond with broadcast.
4.Receiving directives from the Technical Director.
5.Alerting the Technical Director of any irregularities timeously.
6.Changing scripts on air or when directed to do so.
Education: Post Matric Qualification in Television and Film Production or similar
Languages: Business English
Experience: Minimum 1 year relevant experience
Specific Professional Competencies:
oGood communication skills
oMust be able to adapt to live and pre-record environments
oMust be able to work under pressure
oProactive and organized
oLateral thinker / Think on your feet
oGood problem solver / troubleshooting
oPerform well under pressure
oMust be a team player
oGood mic placement technique /understanding
oAn excellent sense of timing
oTake creative decisions, which will improve the aesthetic and technical ‘feel’ of the production
oUnderstanding of audio final mix hardware.
oKnowledge of technical broadcast specifications i.e. audio levels and quality
oHave understanding of broadcasting environment
Interested candidates can send their CV