|Location||Ga-Rankuwa, Ga-Rankuwa, South Africa|
Associate Professor/Professor and Head of Department: Economics
Department of Accounting
Ref. No.: 21/82
THIS IS A RE-ADVERTISEMENT. THOSE WHO APPLIED FOR THE POSITION PREVIOUSLY NEED NOT RE-APPLY.
The Faculty of Economics and Finance has a five-year fixed term contract position for Associate Professor/Professor and Head of Department: Economics at the Ga-Rankuwa Campus.
- A doctoral degree/PhD in Economics from a recognized university
- A professional designation will be a strong recommendation.
- At least 5 years teaching experience in economics and research experience;
- Knowledge of the HEQSF and related activities;
- An excellent recordd of research publications in accredited academic journals and conference proceedings, community engagement and postgraduate students’ supervision up to doctoral level;
- A good track record of teaching at undergraduate level;
- For the position of Professor/Associate Professor, candidates must meet all the requirements as per the approved score sheet for promotions in TUT.
- Teach economics at undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Lead research activities including publications, presentations and writing of research proposals for funding;
- Oversee and lead the supervision of postgraduate students;
- Form strategic partnership engagements with industry and other higher educations institutions;
- Provide leadership in strategic and community engagements;
- Manage the human, financial and infrastructure resources of the department to ensure maximum efficiencies;
- Demonstrate academic leadership in the department;
- Promote excellence and quality in teaching and learning, community engagements and research activities;
- Advance and manage staff development and equity;
- Oversee the marketing and recruitment strategies of the department;
- Work in collaboration with other Higher Education institutions to maintain higher standards of qualifications to attain graduate attributes;
- Manage student enrolment plans and success rates;
- Engender a collegial environment of intellectual exchange and infuse critical scholastic rigour in the department, in general and all the academic programmes of the department in particular.
Interested candidates can send their CV