|Location||Soshanguve, Soshanguve, South Africa|
Department: Public Management
Post Level: 06
The Department of Public Management has a permanent Associate Professor’s position at Soshanguve South Campus.
Key Performance Areas/ Core Functions:
- Coordinate and teach public affairs subjects/modules and provide a high-quality learning experience that engages students through the conduct of lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, and/or other sessions in online, blended or face-to-face modes,
- Demonstrate a scholarly approach to teaching and learning by contributing to the Departmental teaching and learning activities including sharing of good practice,
- Provide constructive, fair and timely feedback on learning to students.
- Initiate, and participate in innovative subject and course level curriculum design, development and review in areas such as, but not restricted to, online and blended delivery, taking an evidence-based approach to evaluate how these initiatives improve student experience.
- Prioritize the embedding of employability capabilities in the curriculum.
- Lead and implement teaching improvement projects at subject/module, course or discipline levels.
- Contribute to knowledge transfer and to building relationships at international and local levels.
- Serve on committees at the Faculty and Department levels
- Contribute to supervision of postgraduate students as required.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in teaching, curriculum development and subject coordination in face-to-face, blended and/or online modes, as evidenced by sustained high results on student feedback on teaching surveys, teaching excellence awards or through other forms of evidence.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in field of public affairs
- Doctoral Degree: Public Administration/ Political Science/Public Management
- 10 years teaching, supervision and research experience.
- Evidence of innovative initiatives undertaken in the last three years that have improved the student experience, and the evaluation of effectiveness of these initiatives.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in liaising with external organizations/agencies and/or the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, or co-supervise, honours and postgraduate students.
- Demonstrated ability to produce outputs related to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
Registration with professional body (if applicable):
Interested candidates can send their CV