|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
Media, Communications & Writing
eNCA: SOUTH AFRICA'S MOST WATCHED TV NEWS CHANNEL. eNCA is South Africa’s most trusted independent TV and online news brand. It launched on June 1st, 2008 to become the country’s first 24-hour television news service.
Reporting to the Programme Editor.
The Assistant Programme Editor in conjunction with the Programme Editor, will be responsible for the editorial content of the programme. This entails the creation of the programme rundown and making key editorial decisions on a minute-by-minute basis.
Job Functions Journalist,Management,Technical
Industries Broadcasting / Transmitting,Media
- Produce high quality editorial content.
- Provide high quality on-air guests and discussion.
- Improve the creativity of the programme and editorial approach.
- Provide high quality news programming.
- Quality review of all on-air content prior to releasing for broadcasting.
- Subbing of content.
- Manage the team utilizing motivational techniques, and instilling a culture of creativity and mentorship.
- Manage staff headcount requirements for every show and ensure optimally aligned to the operations of the operations.
- Effectively manage team in line with company policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively on all levels.
- Lead the pre-and post-production meetings, when Programme Editor is unable to
- Create compelling programming
- Create unique content
- Request show specific content
- Excellent knowledge of South African and global issues
- Good understanding of legal and ethical issues with regards to television broadcasts
- Excellent understanding of newsroom and gallery workflows
- Ability to lead Gallery staff
- Ability to work under pressure
- Will implement rundown changes as per the instruction of the Programme Editor
- Impactful decision making, to anchor, production teams and technical crews
- Clear and authoritative communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all newsroom departments, i.e.: Input and Logistics
Key Performance Indicators:
- Programme ratings meet or exceed the average monthly audience ratings of the Channel.
- Provide compelling content
- Decisive leadership
- Ability to direct the team in a breaking news environment
- Excellent communication skills
Education: Relevant Television Qualification
Languages: Business English
Experience: Minimum 7 years relevant experience
Specific Professional Competencies:
- Thorough understanding of South African and global news and current affairs
- Excellent understanding of TV news production and workflows
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must be enthusiastic and deadline driven
- Must display excellent editorial and leadership skills
Interested candidates can send their CV