|Location||Westville, South Africa|
Our client, within the logistics industry seeks to appoint an Assistant Capacity Planner to join their team based in Westville.
The purpose of this role is to ensure seamless integration between the Operations and Supply Planning teams.
Job duties Reduce the risk position at stock holding points in the network
- Determine, based on rate of sale, which materials are increasing risk at each stock holding point in the Network.
- Identify materials that are slow moving, damaged, and obsolete within each stock holding point.
- Proactively drive the reduction in risk stock and management of aged/slow/damaged/obsolete stock with the relevant Planning and Operations stakeholders. Manage stock movements and Network capacity efficiently and within target.
- Identify materials that drive high days cover (and increase the working capital requirements of the business).
- Perform root cause analysis and provide insights to the Supply Planning team so that day’s cover targets are adhered to.
- Review stock targets on a periodic basis to ensure that working capital is optimized (in the medium term) and operational cost of write offs are reduced on the longer team. Efficiently coordinate infills and PBCS transfers.
- Ensure that infill and transfer detail is received and consolidate on a timely basis.
- Create an optimized load plan which allows each leg of the stock movement to be completed within pre-determined time frames.
- Take remedial actions when required and identify areas of improvement. Ensure that stock holding, and our network is sufficiently equipped to cater for complexity increase.
- Proactively support the Network Supply Planner in strategic initiatives that may relate to process improvement, report development or the enhancement of the network.
- Design and execute appropriate analysis that will lead to effective recommendations and facilitate the implementation thereof with the required stakeholders. Report on KPI’s and ensure that the value derived remains relevant to the business.
- Review demand forecasts, actual orders, and stock cover (days) to ensure that we have sufficient network capacity available to accept inbounds on a day to day basis.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting as required by the business and update the scorecards with the relevant KPI’s on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Issue the agreed national Supply Chain reports on a week/monthly basis as appropriate. Job Requirements
- BCom Logistics or Supply Chain Degree
- Minimum 2-3 years’ planning experience within a FMCG organisation.
- Understanding of warehouse operations is Essential
- Understanding of risk and stock management
- Operations or Logistics background - Advantageous
- SAP experience – Advantageous
Interested candidates can send their CV