|Location||Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa|
Admin & Office
The Dean’s Office at the Faculty of Health Sciences seeks to appoint a permanent and full-time, Administrative Assistant to provide a high level of administrative support to the Dean Team, for appointment as soon as possible.
The Deanery seeks a self-motivated, passionate, dynamic, dedicated, and organized individual with the ability to
work in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders. The individual should have strong interpersonal skills
with the ability to assist the Deanery professionally and efficiently in interfacing with external and internal
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to two Deputy Deans, within the scope of their work.
- Providing administrative support, including secretariat services and minute-taking for selected committees
- Organizing meetings and events that relate to the Deanery.
- Finance and Human Resources administration
- Matric with a Secretarial Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience working as a secretary to an executive, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office and virtual meeting platforms, strong administrative and typing skills.
- Knowledge and experience with local and international travel procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and well-developed communication (oral and written), organizational, planning and
- A high degree of self-motivation, ability to take initiative, self-leadership, personal accountability, and
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and to work well as part of a team.
- Strong event organization skills and flexibility to work after hours.
- Strong client service orientation and a good work ethic.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Interested candidates can send their CV
- To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Cover letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)