|Location||East London, East London, South Africa|
Accounting & Finance
TAHA Fresh Handling Ltd is premier logistics service provider established in 2008, TAHAFresh has become a one stop center for logistics service which are tailored to its customer’s needs. The company has evolved from horticulture cargo handling to integrated logistics services covering airfreight and sea/ocean freight forwarding, trucking, customs clearing and forwarding as well as insurance. As the an Accountant you shall report to the Finance & Administration Manager and be guided by the following duties and responsibilities;
2.0 DUTIES AND RESPONSILITIES
- Prepare all payment voucher as per procedures and batch together for processing into accounting system.
- Process all payment batches into accounting system as per procedures.
- Cash received from customers and retirements are banked on daily basis.
- Analysis to be completed for banking attached to bank deposit slips.
- All documentation to be field correctly for bank reconciliation purpose.
3.Bank Records and Bank Reconciliation
- Ensure that all bank transaction are accurately and timely processed into the accounting system.
- LPOs to be correctly filed.
- Ensure that invoices are received for all items received.
- Ensure that invoices received are correct.
- Query any differences.
- Assist in updating fixed assets.
- Ensure posting to general ledger is timely and accurate.
- Ensure statutory deductions are timely prepared and paid.
- Accounts System
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of computerized accounting system.
- Full co-operation with Auditors and in preparation of Annual report.
- Supervise administration staff.
- Support other staff in terms of understanding financial and purchasing procedures for compliance.
- Company Analysis
- Assist to establish an appropriate chart of accounts to prepare meaning cost analysis.
- Draw to the Finance manager’s attention any changes in financial law or regulations which affect the organization.
- Assist in preparation of payroll, statutory deduction and salary slips.
- Ensure that clients are invoiced timely and fiscalized receipt issued.
At least a Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting from the recognized institute or University. Additional certification (CPA or ACCA or Master’s Degree on the related field) is an added advantage.
Hands-on experience with accounting software like QuickBooks, Tally, etc.
Computer literacy with excellent knowledge of MS Office.
At least 2 years’ experience in accounting role.
Strong attention to details, good analytical skills, ability to multi-task and high level of integrity.
Excellent communication skills.
Proficiency in spoken and written English