|Location||Port Elizabeth, Port Elizabeth, South Africa|
Accounting & Finance
Our client is a multinational customer clearing, freight forwarding and ships agency with offices in Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Port Elizabeth and Walvis Bay.
They are looking for an ACCOUNTANT to join their Cape Town team.
Are you a CIMA / Qualified Accountant or Chartered Accountant capable of taking responsibility for the financial operations in the legal entities that make up the group, ensuring that all statutory requirements relating to financial control, financial management and accounting are adhered to?
- Manage the performance of the legal entities
- Communicate performance requirements clearly to all staff members
- Monitor progress and provide regular feedback and guidance to staff
- Evaluate performance regularly
- Ensure the application of performance management policies and procedures
- Ensure that the department / division complies with all the relevant legislation
- Proactively manage and identify possible risks and ensure timely action to limit and / or prevent risks
- Manage the Business unit / division budget
- Manage the Business unit / division performance outputs
- Manage performance and development of staff
- Establish and manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Manage client service
- Ensure competitive products and services and establish partnerships with preferred producers, suppliers and buyers
- National Certificate / Advances Diploma / B Tech Degree – Required
- B Com (Accounting) – Preferred
- Similar position for more than 5 years
- Experience in the Shipping and Maritime industry for a minimum period of 1-2 year - Advantageous
Interested candidates can send their CV